CORRIGENDUM ON THE ADVERTISEMENT FOR THE POSITION OF THE DIRECTOR, STRATEGY, POLICY, HUMAN RESOURCE AND OPERATIONS
Dec 18, 2020
This is to notify the general public that the deadline for submission of application for the above position has been extended from 24th December 2020 to 8th January 2021.
DIRECTOR, STRATEGY, POLICY, HUMAN RESOURCE AND OPERATIONS: REF: CG/KLF/CPSB/ADVRT/75/12/20
Duties and Responsibilities.
- Reporting to the CEO/Secretary to the KCPSB, he/she will be the head of the public service board secretariat
- Preparing and circulating Minutes and Agenda of Board meetings
- Developing Annual Work Plans for the Board with the guidance of the CEO and Chairman of the board
- Providing guidance and advice to the Secretariat on matters of Ethics and Governance
- Preparing regular reports for submission to the County Assembly on the execution of the functions of the Board
- Promoting Public Service Values and Principles in the County Government
- Evaluating and reporting to the CEO on the extent to which the Values and Principles referred to in Articles 10 & 232 are complied with in the Public Service.
- Pursuant to Section 149 (1) of the PFM Act 2012 Ensure that resources of the Board are used in a way that is lawful and authorized.
- Effective, efficient, economical and transparent
- Performing any other duties assigned by the CEO/Secretary of the Board and /or the chairman of the board.
Academic Qualifications and attributes
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following fields:- Business Administration, Arts, Human Resource Management or any other Social Sciences from a recognized University.
- A Masters degree in any of the following fields:- Business Administration, Arts, Monitoring and evaluation, Human Resource management or any other Social Sciences from a recognized University will be an added advantage
- A course in Conducting of Meetings & Minutes Writing will be an added advantage
- A minimum of at least five (5) years working experience in Administration and Management
- Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capabilities; and clear understanding of National goals, Values and Principles of Governance
- Satisfies the provision of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership and Integrity
- Be a professional who demonstrates absence of breach of the relevant professional Code of Conduct
- Be committed to be part of a Team that will enable the County Government achieve its vision
- Certificate of registration/membership to a professional body
- Be a Kenyan Citizen.
Terms of service: Permanent
Salary Scale: 121,430 – 169,140 p.m.
Other Allowances are as issued by Salaries and Remuneration Commission
How to apply
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria MUST use the Application for Employment Form (KCPSB 001) and attach copies of ID, CV, academic/ professional certificates and testimonials.
The form can either be;
- Obtained from the Kilifi County Public Service Board Offices OR
- Downloaded from the Kilifi County website
Applications should be addressed to the office of:
The Secretary/CEO, County Public Service Board,
County Government of Kilifi
P.O. Box 519 – 80108
For candidates to meet the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, all applications must obtain the following:-
- Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Clearance Certificate from the Ethics and Anti Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Clearance from the Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID)
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide the original Identity Card, Academic and Professional certificates and testimonials.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
The appointment of Director Strategy, Policy HR and Operations will be through a competitive process
Kilifi County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Kilifi County Public Service Board.